As of October 1st, PCOM faculty, residents, and staff can conduct research using REDCap. They can also request limited access for non-PCOM personnel from other institutions. PCOM students must have a faculty sponsor to access REDcap.
REDCap is an electronic data capture system for building and managing online surveys and databases. Developed at Vanderbilt, REDCap is a free, HIPAA-compliant, secure, and low-barrier data collection tool for clinical and translational research that works to ensure data quality and security. REDCap offers a free, easy-to-use, and secure method of flexible yet robust data collection.
- Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely – Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
- Fast and flexible – Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
- Export data to common data analysis packages – Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Ad Hoc Reporting – Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Scheduling – Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link – Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Send files to others securely – Using ‘Send-It’, upload and send files to multiple recipients, including existing project documents, that are too large for email attachments or that contain sensitive data.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print – Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Advanced features – Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
- Data Queries – Document the process of resolving data issues using the Data Resolution Workflow module.
- Piping – Inject previously collected data values into question labels, survey invitation emails, etc. to provide a more customized experience.
To get started and learn more please visit the REDCap subject guide. Creating an account requires going through online training videos. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.