Lexicomp Online provides clinicians with access to two drug information resources within a single interface: Lexicomp and AHFS.
Lexicomp provides clear, concise, point-of-care drug information. It includes clinical practice guidelines, IV compatibility from Trissel’s 2 Clinical Pharmaceutics Database, dosing and administration, warnings and precautions, as well as other tools.
AHFS offers an extensive research solution, recognized as a CMS compendium to assist in reimbursement.
Our wide array of databases enables users to quickly locate information on an extensive range of topics, including pediatric, adult, and geriatric dosing and guidelines, patient education, international drugs, infectious diseases, pregnancy and lactation, and more.
- Faster Answers, Increased Efficiency – Studies have shown that Lexicomp helps clinicians find answers to tough clinical questions faster than other commonly used drug information resources.
- Formulary Decision Support Module – Specialized resources and valuable content from Facts & Comparisons add a greater depth of information and tools to help support formulary management and clinical decisions. Includes comparative data tools, comparative efficacy, class monographs, and Formulary Monograph Service.
- UpToDate Linking – Links directly from Lexicomp Online to UpToDate to create a better clinical decision support resource. Without exiting your workflow, you can toggle between Lexicomp drug information and UpToDate disease topics to help inform diagnosis and treatment decisions.
- Broader Use – Used by pharmacists, physicians, and nurses and available on the most popular smartphones and tablets.
- Higher Satisfaction – A study ranks Lexicomp Online as the most preferred database by the majority of users, leaving customers more satisfied.
HS Talks Biomedical & Life Sciences Collection provides immediate access to over 2,200 online, animated, seminar-style talks by many of the world’s leading experts, including Nobel, Lasker, and Breakthrough prize winners. They are organised into over 120 series and classified by categories.
Entire talks and extracts of chosen length may be embedded in course notes and virtual learning systems, as can any of the more than 100,000 slides.
Providing authoritative information over a vast range of complex subjects, the talks are greatly appreciated by active researchers, including graduate students, post-docs, and faculty. Every talk can be shared, serve as assigned viewing prior to class discussion, or given as an additional resource to extend what is taught in class. There are also course modules with associated additional learning material on subjects such as obesity and vaccines.
Course matching service
HS Talks welcomes requests for them to suggest talks to be included in courses and provides this service free of charge.
Just send a course description or syllabus with a request for suggestions to ‘Scientific Content Consultant Service’ at email@example.com.
Active Learning for the Medical Sciences!
Draw It to Know It is an online educational platform that takes the classic approach to science education and revitalizes it for the modern classroom.
Draw It to Know It’s active learning approach has been praised for making science education simpler and more effective. The tutorials begin with a blank screen and proceed in hand-drawn steps that students master through active engagement, which, as research substantiates, greatly enhances the learning experience.
Access Draw It to Know It directly from your mobile browser or download the Draw It to Know It iPhone/iPad app from iTunes, then click Login to enter your username and password. Register here to create your personal account.
- Animated, active learning style tutorials with variable playback speed.
- Quiz questions that accompany each tutorial.
- Interactive drawing pad with multiple colors and pen sizes.
- Brain Atlas and Muscle Directory accompany the Neuroscience Course
As of October 1st, PCOM faculty, residents, and staff can conduct research using REDCap. They can also request limited access for non-PCOM personnel from other institutions. PCOM students must have a faculty sponsor to access REDcap.
REDCap is an electronic data capture system for building and managing online surveys and databases. Developed at Vanderbilt, REDCap is a free, HIPAA-compliant, secure, and low-barrier data collection tool for clinical and translational research that works to ensure data quality and security. REDCap offers a free, easy-to-use, and secure method of flexible yet robust data collection.
- Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely – Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
- Fast and flexible – Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
- Export data to common data analysis packages – Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Ad Hoc Reporting – Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Scheduling – Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link – Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Send files to others securely – Using ‘Send-It’, upload and send files to multiple recipients, including existing project documents, that are too large for email attachments or that contain sensitive data.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print – Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Advanced features – Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
- Data Queries – Document the process of resolving data issues using the Data Resolution Workflow module.
- Piping – Inject previously collected data values into question labels, survey invitation emails, etc. to provide a more customized experience.
To get started and learn more please visit the REDCap subject guide. Creating an account requires going through online training videos. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AccessPhysiotherapy from McGraw-Hill Medical is devoted exclusively to the study, instruction, and practice of physical therapy.
It provides unique benefits and groundbreaking content that delivers indispensable support and reliable information. It is designed to enhance the learning and development of the core principles of physical therapy all in one place through exclusive interactive features:
- Leading physical therapy textbooks – Fully searchable and complete content of the definitive collection of physical therapy texts from McGraw-Hill Medical, such as Dutton’s Orthopaedic Examination, Evaluation, and Intervention and Therapeutic Modalities in Rehabilitation.
- Multimedia – A robust library of narrated videos designed to teach exercise and rehabilitation techniques, kinetics, and physical therapy interventions.
- NPTE review – More than 2,200 interactive self-assessment questions designed to help users prepare for the NPTE exam.
- Anatomy & Physiology Revealed – An interactive cadaver dissection tool that students can use anytime, anywhere to gain valuable anatomical knowledge through unparalleled access to views of the entire human body.
- PT lecture series – Learn key neuroscience and neuroanatomy concepts as they relate to physical therapy through an ongoing lecture series, Essentials of Neuroscience in Physical Therapy, which combines graphics, case studies, and narration.
- Quick Answers – Concise outlines of common conditions and disorders at your fingertips – whether used as a high-yield review for studying or for quick reference in the clinical setting.
Counseling and Therapy in Video provides an invaluable firsthand look at the realities of working with clients and the challenges associated with putting theoretical concepts into practice. This series contains more than 2,400 hours of footage from actual therapy sessions, training videos, and reenactments conducted by renowned counseling professionals.
The content is broken into 4 main sections.
- Counseling & Therapy in Video: Classic contains foundational videos from 1985-2010 that cover recent history of practices.
- Counseling & Therapy in Video: Volume III includes films about the founders of theory and the progression of practices to today.
- Counseling & Therapy in Video: Volume IV addresses new population groups, contemporary approaches, and issues.
- Counseling & Therapy in Video: Volume V, The Symptom Media Collection provides comprehensive DSM-5® / ICD-10 coverage has built-in assessments to assess comprehension.
Counseling and Therapy in Video provides an array of features to enhance teaching and learning.
- The collection is indexed to meet the specific search needs of counseling faculty and students. Search and browse by client age, diagnosis, therapy type, counselor gender, and much more.
- Unlike physical DVDs, online streaming makes it easy to queue up video for in-class or assigned watching, and allows unlimited simultaneous viewers on-campus or off.
- Clip-making tools, personalized playlists, and annotations let you integrate content straight into your syllabus or LMS.
- Synchronized, searchable, scrolling transcripts run alongside each video, enhancing navigation and access.
- View a full overview of all of the features on the Counseling and Therapy in Video interface here.
VisualDx is a visual diagnostic decision support system used to enhance diagnostic accuracy, aid therapeutic decisions, and improve patient safety. It combines high-quality, peer-reviewed medical images with concise, actionable information to support the decisions of health care providers.
The content is organized by common and diagnostic problem areas, age, and body location. It visually presents disease variations by skin type, age, and passage of time.
Clinicians can initiate a unique differential diagnosis based on the visual symptoms of a patient. A customized pictorial differential diagnosis tailored to a patient’s findings is formulated dynamically.
VisualDx compares most relevant diseases or drills down to research with handbook-length clinical information and variation in visual presentation.
We love this resource and think you will too. Why?
- VisualDx does not require you to search by diagnostic name
- You can enter the patient’s clinical features to view the diagnoses with the most relevance
- VisualDx integrates within UpToDate! When you search UpToDate, keep a look out for the orange VDx icon, which indicates content from VisualDx.
- It helps you better identify and visually diagnose presenting conditions such as skin, infectious, metabolic, nutritional, genetic, and immunologic diseases and adverse drug reactions
- You get immediate access to more than 22,000 medical images as well as actionable peer-reviewed treatment, therapy, and management information on over 1,000 diagnoses
- It presents variations both common and rare diseases, whether due to immune status, skin color, severity, or temporal stage
The VisualDx app is available on iPhone, iPad, and Android.
Complete the following steps to download the app:
- Log in to VisualDx on a computer from the Library Website
- Click the Get the Mobile App icon
- Using your PCOM e-mail address, complete the form to request a user name and password
- Follow the instructions in the activation e-mail to download and begin using VisualDx Mobile
AnatomyTV includes a wealth of engaging content:
- 3D anatomy atlas – Choose from over 290 interactive 3D anatomy views, including 148 trigger points, covering the whole body. All main views allow you to rotate and add or remove layers of anatomy from the models. All visible structures can be labelled and every 3D anatomy view and animation is accompanied by introductory text.
- Library of 3D muscle function animations – Over 75 animations cover many common movements such as flexion, extension, adduction, and abduction for the head and neck, upper extremity, trunk, pelvis and lower extremity. Each animation can be exported into PowerPoint for presentations or teaching.
- Gross motor movement animations:
- Stand from sitting
- Push ups
- Sit ups
- Stand jump forwards
- Walking upstairs
- Library of more than 80 surface anatomy movies show the muscle action for real‑life context.
- Short, accessible text explanations and links to related content.
AnatomyTV content is also available on iPad and Android tablets.