All PCOM faculty, staff and students have both on-campus and remote access to the e-resources in the Digital Library. Users must login using the PCOM Network ID and password.
By accessing e-resources, users agree to the conditions of the PCOM Library User Agreement.
A few resources require personal accounts. See My Accounts for information on My Library Account, RefWorks, MedU, etc.
Users who experience difficulties with expired or forgotten passwords should contact the MIS Department at HelpDesk@pcom.edu.
Users who experience difficulties finding and using e-resources should contact the library directly.
Volunteer Faculty may request access to the Digital Library when they submit a signed Volunteer Faculty Library User Agreement.
Access to Library Facilities
Library study space is reserved for the exclusive use of PCOM students, faculty, staff and alumni. Please be prepared to show your PCOM ID to a Library staff member upon request.
Non-PCOM researchers who have legitimate need to access print and special collections should contact Library Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request access prior to visiting the campus.
Guests of PCOM students, faculty, and staff must be accompanied by a host with valid PCOM ID. All guests must register at the Security Desk. The PCOM host must remain with guests at all times and is responsible for guests’ behavior. Guest access is for touring the Library, not for use of study space or computers.
Library Staff reserve the right to check purses, backpacks, schoolbags, etc. when the security alarm sounds. Videos and books from other libraries or stores sometimes are not desensitized and may trigger the alarm.
Electronic resources provided by the Library are governed by license agreements with publishers. The following restrictions apply.
- Sharing access is forbidden.
- Copyright restrictions apply.
- Downloading excessive portions of databases or electronic journals is prohibited.
- Posting downloaded material on a website or to an email list is prohibited.
- Use of material for commercial purposes is prohibited.
- Material may not be modified or altered.
- Publishers’ copyright statements and logos may not be removed.
Additional restrictions apply to Micromedex which is intended for training purposes only. You must commit to the following restrictions:
- you will not access this database at a medical facility (clinic or hospital) via the PCOM link.
- you will not use this information for clinical purposes, but for academic work only.
You are permitted to download summarized content to your PDA for use while in hospitals or other clinical settings. However, for access via desktop computer while in a medical facility, you must utilize the facility’s subscription or forego online access if there is no current subscription.