The PCOM Library participates in Loansome Doc, a document delivery service offered through the National Library of Medicine. Loansome Doc allows patrons to request articles through PubMed.
Loansome Doc is available primarily to patrons who are health professionals unaffiliated with PCOM but wish to use the library’s resources.
$12.00 per article for:
- Unaffiliated Health Care Providers (doctors, nurses, allied health professionals)
- Alumni of PCOM
- General Public
$20.00* per article for:
- For-profit companies
*Plus any applicable royalty fees
$10.00 per article for a rush order in addition to the standard fee.
Payment by credit card only. Once the staff has obtained the requested article(s) they will contact you via phone to obtain your payment information. This is a “pay as you go” service. PCOM does not store or retain credit card payment information.
Please allow up to 5 business days for the staff to obtain the article(s) that you have requested. Once the staff receives payment the article(s) will be e-mailed to you as a .pdf attachment.
Items put on rush order will arrive in 1-2 business days.
Registration is a multi-step process:
- Contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you wish to select us as your Loansome Doc provider
- We will send you our user agreement for you to read, sign and return to us via e-mail
- Once the user agreement is signed and returned we will send you our authorization code and library identifier code
- Use the authorization code to create a profile and register PCOM as your Loansome Doc library here.
For instructions on how to order an article, you can visit the Loansome Doc fact sheet.