What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the electronic system that allows PCOM faculty, students, and staff to request articles, books and book chapters not owned or licensed by the PCOM Library.
First time users need to create an account before accessing ILLiad.
During registration, you will be asked to choose a Username and Password. We recommend using your myPCOM login. You will use this Username and Password when logging on to the ILLiad system in the future. ILLiad will encrypt your password, so it will remain secure. Only you will know your password.
- With ILLiad, you enter your name, address, and other personal information into the system only once, at the time of your first request.
- Your request will be handled more rapidly and accurately.
- You can get many of your photocopies more quickly through Electronic Delivery.
- You can get information about the status of your request through the Web at any time from any location.
- Library personnel can now monitor your requests and respond quickly to any questions regarding your article or book.
Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad?
Your username and password allows us to give you secure access to information about your interlibrary loan requests. We can also enable you to edit your personal information such as your address or phone number.
What if I forget my password?
In the event that you forget your password, you can reset your password using the Forgot Password link on the ILLiad login page. ILLiad will send a password reset link to the email address you have listed in your ILLiad account.
Is security a problem if I use a public workstation?
Yes. Web browsers cache information and create a history file on the local workstation. This allows a subsequent user of the workstation to access the system under your name using the browser’s Back button to recall a page from the cache, or by finding a page with your personal information in the browser’s history file. If you are concerned about the security of your interlibrary loan requests, you can take the following steps:
- Access ILLiad only from your personal computer or an otherwise secure workstation.
- When using a public access workstation:
- Exit from the Web browser before you leave the workstation. This prevents the Back button from accessing the pages you were using.
- Delete from the history file those pages that contain your personal information.