As of October 1st, PCOM faculty, residents, and staff can conduct research using REDCap. They can also request limited access for non-PCOM personnel from other institutions. PCOM students must have a faculty sponsor to access REDcap.
REDCap is an electronic data capture system for building and managing online surveys and databases. Developed at Vanderbilt, REDCap is a free, HIPAA-compliant, secure, and low-barrier data collection tool for clinical and translational research that works to ensure data quality and security. REDCap offers a free, easy-to-use, and secure method of flexible yet robust data collection.
- Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely – Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
- Fast and flexible – Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
- Export data to common data analysis packages – Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Ad Hoc Reporting – Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Scheduling – Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link – Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Send files to others securely – Using ‘Send-It’, upload and send files to multiple recipients, including existing project documents, that are too large for email attachments or that contain sensitive data.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print – Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Advanced features – Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
- Data Queries – Document the process of resolving data issues using the Data Resolution Workflow module.
- Piping – Inject previously collected data values into question labels, survey invitation emails, etc. to provide a more customized experience.