Illiad is now available at the PCOM Library. Illiad is an alternative electronic interlibrary loan system that allows PCOM faculty, students, and staff to request articles, books and book chapters not owned or licensed by the PCOM Library. Links are now available in your favorite databases. Requests are sent directly to your email and can be retrieved at any hour.
First time users need to create an account.
The AccessMedicine® app contains:
- Quick Medical Dx & Rx is a collection of evidence-based outlines of conditions and disorders most often encountered in medical practice.
- Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology facilitates dermatologic diagnosis with color images of skin conditions.
- Differential Diagnosis Tool allows you to browse 1,000 diagnoses by symptom, disease, or organ system at the point of care.
- Diagnostic Tests aids in the selection and interpretation of commonly used tests, including laboratory procedures in the clinical setting.
You need a personal account to use the AccessMedicine® app.
- Go to AccessMedicine from the library’s home page.
- Click “Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine” in top right corner and click “Log in or Create a free personal account.”
- Click on “Don’t Have a MyAccess Account?”
- Create your user name and password.
- Download “AccessMedicine App – Unbound Medicine, Inc” onto your mobile device. The AccessMedicine app is available for Android and Apple Devices.
- Open the app and activate it by entering your user name and password.
Note: to ensure continued access to the app, you must sign in every 90 days through the library’s home page. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Detailed installation instructions are available here.
This interactive app (iPad or iPhone only) showcases 138 tutorials and tests, a complete brain atlas and a muscle-nerve directory of the limbs. Each diagram is narrated and clearly drawn in whiteboard tutorials.
- Draw-along or label-along with the video tutorials within the app.
- Draw figures from a starter image OR label completed figures.
- Compare against completed figures in side-by-side or full-scale view.
Don’t have an iPad, you can still register, draw, and follow on the online website, DrawItToKnowIt.com (but you need to register first).
The book reviews most of the clinically important neuroanatomical subjects, ranging through the overall organization of the nervous system, the coverings of the brain, the peripheral nervous system, the spinal cord, the brainstem, the cerebellum and the cerebral cortex.
Instructions to activate on device
1. Download the Draw it to Know it app from iTunes at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/draw-it-to-know-it/id517545760?mt=8
2. Click on the “Unlock All Lessons” button in the upper right corner
3. Click “Already have account” and log in choosing 2nd option (website)
ClinicalKey (the beefed-up replacement for MD Consult) is a robust collection of journals (>500), books (>800), images, practice guidelines, patient education, drug information and MEDLINE citations and abstracts from PubMed. ClinicalKey pulls the latest abstracts and information daily, so searches provide the most current information on a given topic. Searches can be filtered by content type, by specialty, by time and relevance.
Your My ClinicalKey account lets you create “Reading Lists” to access later, create and download PDFs, and save images to export to PowerPoint. See ClinicalKey Tips for more info.
Problems accessing Clinical Key from off-campus? Email Library@pcom for a quick fix.
Kanopy Films highlights 21 streaming videos on gender studies, global cultural diversity, women’s issues and more. Focus on transgender clinics and the AIDs epidemic, as well as family trauma, grief, and disabilities.
Psychological Experiments Online synthesizes the most important psychological experiments of the 20th and 21st centuries. The collection pairs 75 hours of audio and video recordings of the original experiments (when existent) with 40,000 pages of primary-source documents. These rare materials shed new light on the studies that have shaped contemporary understandings of key psychological issues such as conformity, power, obedience, delayed gratification, responsibility, aggression, conditioning, false memory, bias, prejudice, ethics, nurture, motivation, perception, and judgment.
The impact of the featured studies is far-reaching across fields as diverse as sociology, business, advertising, economics, political science, law, ethics, and the arts.
Review experiments such as Solomon Asch’s conformity, B.F. Skinner’s research with pigeons, Stanley Milgram’s research on obedience to authority, Albert Bandura’s Bobo Doll, and John B. Watson’s Little Albert experiment are just a few of those included.
The new Geriatrics guide has links to books, calculators and assessment tools, government and NGO web sites as well as AGS content: Geriatrics at Your Fingertips and Geriatrics Review Syllabus Teaching Slides. Check it out and send recommendations for additional resources to the Liaison Librarians identified on the page.
Have a question about library resources or services? Need help finding articles or with research efforts? The PCOM Library now offers an Ask-a-Librarian live chat feature on our website to provide immediate help with these and other questions. You can also text messages directly to 215-987-3999.
You can begin chatting from either our Contact page, LibGuides home page or directly on the Library home page (see below).
When there’s no librarian available, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we’ll reply to your question as soon as we can. Please check it out and let us know what you think!
PCOM Library now offers access to psychotherapy.net which streams over 100 video demonstrations of psychotherapy and counseling sessions–featuring leading contributors and covering a wide range of modalities, populations and approaches.
- Customizable clip-making
- View synchronized transcripts
- Search a transcript by keyword and click on the results so you can easily go to specific points in a video
- Highlight content in the transcript to move and/or repeat a specific section of a video with ease
- View captions
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you think.
PCOM Library now has UpToDate access for your mobile device!
The UpToDate app is available for Android™, iPhone® and iPad®, and Windows 8 phones and tablets. Download on up to 2 devices.
- Register with UpToDate by linking from the PCOM library website.
- Download the app.
- Login and go!
Contact your campus library if you need assistance.
30 Day re-verification is required (complete verification by logging in to UpToDate from PCOM Library at least once every 30 days).