The PCOM Library is pleased to provide access to the new APA Style CENTRAL®!
Thanks to all who provided feedback.
The advantages include:
1. Digital library of APA Style quick guides and tutorials to refine your writing, and searches the APA Manual of Style by topic area.
2. Plan sound research with the research tools, and build a reference library with customized APA Style reference templates.
3. Translate your research into concise, powerful articles that are formatted for style.
4. Browse and search features to identify the best journals for publication.
5. Plagiarism tutorials.
Did you find this resource useful? Please send comments to email@example.com.
The PCOM Library is pleased to provide access to the 3rd edition of the Thieme Atlas of Anatomy.
Students, faculty and staff now have the ability to download the book to iPads/Android tablets/pcs for off-line use (see here for PC/Mac Instructions and here for mobile instructions.)
- organized by self-contained guides to specific topics on every two-page spread
- hundreds of clinical applications integrated into the anatomical descriptions, emphasizing the vital link between anatomical structure and function
- illustrated with expertly rendered digital watercolors, cross-sections, x-rays, and CT and MRI scans
- clearly labeled images help you easily identify each structure
- summary tables throughout – ideal for rapid review
- with 1,700 newly created illustrations and 100 tables, this work features comprehensive coverage of the musculoskeletal system and general anatomy, in addition to embryology and surface anatomy
The PCOM Library now offers Draw it to Know it for Neuroanatomy and Gross Anatomy!
Draw it to Know it teaches medical sciences in a purely kinesthetic way, revitalizing a classic approach to science education for the modern classroom. Follow the simple directions below to register for Draw it to Know it now.
- To register, you must access the Draw it to Know registration page while on the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine network
- On the registration page, create a username and password
- Use this username and password at www.drawittoknowit.com anytime and anywhere
- For mobile access, download the Draw it to Know it iPhone/iPad app from iTunes, or access Draw it to Know it directly from your mobile browser, and click Login to enter your username and password
- If you have already registered from outside the network, you can associate your account with the site license from the My Account page while under the network
Click here for a Draw it to Know it how-to guide.
The Case Files® Collection on AccessMedicine® features a wide range of popular Case Files® series books. The collection delivers close to 1,175 real-life cases spanning the basic biomedical sciences and clinical medicine.
Designed to help students and residents learn in the context of real patients, rather than merely memorize facts. Includes real-life scenarios foster better understanding of frequently encountered cases as well as physician-patient interaction.”
Faculty can use this collection as a valuable resource for coursework, clinical rotations and to enhance preparation for shelf exams and the USMLE. Each case includes a complete discussion, clinical pearls and references, definitions of key terms, and USMLE-style review questions with detailed explanations of the correct answers.
Also, 15 additional titles are now available in the USMLE First Aid Review books collection.
PCOM now has access to DynaMed Plus! Get answers to your clinical questions fast!
DynaMed Plus presents critically appraised evidence from more than 500 medical journals in a quick, easy-to-read format designed for use at the point of care.
With DynaMed Plus, you will get:
- Concise Overviews and Recommendations – accurate overviews for the most common conditions as well as evidence-based recommendations for action.
- Micromedex® Clinical Knowledge Suite* drug content –includes medication management and lab recommendations, including IV screening, medication advisory screening and summary drug info.
- Graphics and Images – includes over 2,500 medical graphics and images with over 1000 images from ACP.
- Specialty Content – DynaMed Plus includes a wide array of specialty topics in areas such as infectious disease and immunology, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine.
- Mobile Access – DynaMed Plus is easy to access from any mobile device, from anywhere in the world. Download instructions are available here.
- Expert Reviewers – DynaMed Plus includes subject-specific experts who review topics using the DynaMed Plus proprietary 7 Step EBM Process and the 9-Step Quality Process for creating content.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Can’t find the full-text journal article in one of our many collections? The PCOM Library is proud to announce 24/7 delivery for articles with this new update for ILLiad!
ILLiad is the electronic system that allows PCOM faculty, students, and staff to request articles, books and book chapters not owned or licensed by the PCOM Library.
ILLiad improves service for students, faculty, and staff by giving them the ability to initiate and track their Interlibrary Loan requests every step of the way through a personal ILLiad account.
24/7 delivery of electronic articles direct to your desktop!
First time users will now need to create an account before accessing ILLiad. If you have already created an ILLiad account, this update will not affect you.
More information can be found on our Interlibrary Loan page as well as our ILLiad FAQ.
Contact us if you have any questions.
The National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) Shelf Exams are now available to all current PCOM students and faculty. These test prep resources make it easier to comprehend the materials you’ll need to know to pass your exam. Simply sign up for any one of the exams, as well as study tips. The shelf exams are divided into 7 specific practice categories:
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
Thanks to all who responded and provided feedback! Mango has been added to the PCOM Libary Collection!
Innovative online languages – learning with Mango.
Mango teaches learners to think critically in a new language and retain what they’ve learned. Students, faculty, staff and alumni can learn from interactive conversational tutorials and from a collection of films that are streamed.
Over 70 foreign languages are available and some are presented in focused modules, for example Medical Spanish and Business Spanish.
Create an account to track your personal progress here. Those who create an account can also use Mango on Apple, Android, and Kindle devices.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Thanks to all who responded and provided feedback! Thieme eNeurosurgery has been added to the PCOM Libary Collection!
Thieme eNeurosurgery is the world’s most comprehensive resource for neurological and spine surgery online, providing access to:
- Thieme’s entire neurosurgical E-Book library of 161 books including CORE TEXTS for residency programs and board exam preparation
- Over 410 illustrated surgical procedures, original to Thieme eNeurosurgery, providing step-by-step instruction on core techniques and approaches
- 225 cases with associated Q&A
- Author-narrated videos, embedded into the text and available to search independently
- More than 50,000 images for download and use in other applications, with legends and links to original sources
- Simultaneous search across the neurosurgery titles in Thieme’s E-Journal platform, as well as across all journals indexed in PubMed, with results given to the abstract level