Trial access to Thieme eNeurosurgery available until February 29th
Thieme eNeurosurgery is the world’s most comprehensive resource for neurological and spine surgery online, providing access to:
- Thieme’s entire neurosurgical E-Book library of 161 books including CORE TEXTS for residency programs and board exam preparation
- Over 410 illustrated surgical procedures, original to Thieme eNeurosurgery, providing step-by-step instruction on core techniques and approaches
- 225 cases with associated Q&A
- Author-narrated videos, embedded into the text and available to search independently
- More than 50,000 images for download and use in other applications, with legends and links to original sources
- Simultaneous search across the neurosurgery titles in Thieme’s E-Journal platform, as well as across all journals indexed in PubMed, with results given to the abstract level
Did you find this resource useful? Please send comments to email@example.com.
The PCOM Library announces a new information service focused on very recent trends in medical research. The new service kicks-off this month featuring radiology, brain/neurosurgery,cardiology, dementia/memory impairment and cancers of the breast, lung and prostate.
The collection of hot topic articles is accessible directly at http://library.pcom.edu/category/hot-topics/ or by linking from the “Hot Topics in Research” button on the Library’s homepage.
Articles are presented in abstract form, with easy links to the full-text versions for detailed research information.
If readers have other suggestions for future monthly hot topics in medical research, please send an email to PJ Grier, associate director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know that the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Library’s membership in BioMed Central covers all article processing fees for current PCOM authors. This means that you can publish in any BioMed Central journal without paying an author fee.
BioMed Central is an STM (Science, Technology and Medicine) publisher of 293 peer-reviewed open access journals. The portfolio of journals spans all areas of biology, biomedicine and medicine and includes broad interest titles, such as BMC Biology and BMC Medicine alongside specialist journals, such as Retrovirology and BMC Genomics. All original research articles published by BioMed Central are made freely accessible online immediately upon publication. Authors publishing with BioMed Central retain the copyright to their work, licensing it under the Creative Commons Attribution License which allows articles to be re-used and re-distributed without restriction, as long as the original work is correctly cited. BioMed Central is owned by Springer Science+Business Media, and also hosts the SpringerOpen platform.
Thanks to all those who responded favorably. Embase is now available!
Relevant and Accessible Biomedical Data and Literature
Embase is a crucial resource for discovering biomedical evidence within published, peer-reviewed literature, in-press publications and conference abstracts. Full-text indexing of drug, disease and medical device data — supported by Emtree — helps retrieve precise answers to search queries.
Customizable alerts, RSS feeds and multiple data export possibilities are available to make it easy to keep track of drug and device adverse events and collaborate with colleagues. More details to follow.
Access to the new Acland’s Video Atlas of Human Anatomy platform is now available!
Acland’s contains over 300 narrated videos of real cadaver specimens and includes the following volumes:
- Vol 1: The Upper Extremity – 60 videos on the Shoulder, Hand and Arm
- Vol 2: The Lower Extremity – nearly 60 videos on the Hip, Knee, Leg, Ankle and Foot
- Vol 3: The Trunk – nearly 60 videos on the Spine, Thorax, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Vol 4: The Head and Neck – over 120 videos covering the Eye, Skull, Brain and related areas
- Vol 5: The Internal Organs and Reproductive Health – over 60 videos on the thoracic and abdominal organs, and reproductive health
New features include section exams, a glossary, and an A-Z index.
The PCOM Library now provides access to the following BoardVitals question banks:
- USMLE Step 1
- USMLE Step 2
Click here to register for an account.
- Make sure to use your @pcom.edu email address for registration
- Click the signup button and the system will send a validation e-mail
- Check your e-mail and click on the validation link in the e-mail
Watch the video below to learn more about Board Vitals.
Congratulations to the following Research Day Poster Presentation Winners!
1st place: Zachary Kopelman
2nd place (2): Natalie Vukmer, Denise Gamble
Honorable Mention: Courtney Washington
1st place: Khin Win
2nd place: Jessica Winkler
Honorable Mention (3): Nyema Woart, Kathryn Woods, Gulsedef Arslan
1st place: Mboya Doffou & George Adams (shared award)
2nd place: Eva Karam
Honorable Mention (2): Nathan Greenfield, Viral Gajjar
The PCOM community can now make NYTimes.com and NYT smartphone apps a part of your reading habit; activate your Pass for free as follows:
Go to https://myaccount.nytimes.com/grouppass/access. Click “Create an Account” and follow the instructions to create an account using your pcom.edu email. Once activated, your Pass will provide access to NYTimes.com from any location. This service is sponsored by the library at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
You may also download the NYT smartphone app and log in. The NYT app is available for Android and Apple devices. To view a short how-to video on how to activate a Group Pass, please visit http://bit.ly/1qJzB4g